Master Plan: Stage 1A
Centrepiece Building: Innovation Centre
Investigator College will take on a whole new look, and expand its capacity for growth and innovation, with an iconic new centrepiece building slated to commence construction in 2024.
Designed by leading Adelaide architecture firm Walter Brooke in collaboration with members of the Senior Leadership Team, plans for the new Innovation Centre include:
- a state-of-the-art Primary and Secondary Library
- Innovation and Enterprise Laboratories
- Robotics Studios
- additional classroom spaces, with flexibility to cater for Senior, Middle and Junior School students
- additional meeting rooms and community engagement spaces
- a new one-stop administration centre for students, parents and guests.
Replacing the current Administration and Library Building, the new centrepiece of the Investigator College site will expand to two storeys and provide a modern and future-focused space for staff and students to engage in teaching and learning with a renewed focus on innovation, enterprise and technology.
Offering much larger, multi-purpose spaces for core teaching and learning, and uniting the administrative functions of the College in the centre of the campus, the Innovation Centre will also play a key role in the College’s aspirations to grow over the next five years, helping to free up existing spaces and ensure there is ample room for the next chapter of the College’s operation.
Master Plan: Future Stages
Investing in Future Facilities
Longer-term planning for growth, expansion and upgrade of the Victor Harbor campus includes a range of exciting new facilities that will reaffirm Investigator College as the first-choice educator across the Fleurieu Peninsula and South Coast.
The construction of the new Innovation Centre is the first stage of an overall master plan that includes a number of exciting developments across the campus footprint.
While these are subject to final planning, development and approval, the overall master plan includes:
- a new Early Learning Centre, and adjoining outdoor play space, located at the front of the campus
- new outdoor courts, adjoining the current Performing Arts and Sports Centre, complemented by a new Sports Pavillion overlooking the oval
- Redevelopment of the Technology and Agriculture spaces
- Refurbishments and upgrades to the Junior and Middle School;
- Substantial site works to improve parking, traffic management and flow
- Covered linkages and walkways between buildings, with the addition of new outdoor learning areas
With Stage 1 of the overall master plan commencing in 2024, the fully realised development will see a modernisation of the campus, with an increased focus on flexible learning spaces, opportunities to move learning outdoors, and the addition of new facilities that will help to ensure that Investigator College makes the most of the natural environment, with enhancements to the Agriculture, Technology, Physical Education and Outdoor Play areas.
Working collaboratively with Walter Brooke Architects and the Victor Harbor Council, Investigator College is set for an exciting period of change as we grow into the future!