Worn daily by all students, the Investigator College uniform is designed to be distinctive, comfortable, practical and economical.
Our College uniform is an affirmation of belonging – a statement of pride and a consolidation of our identity, culture and community.
The College colours and logo are worn with pride, with each variation of our uniform serving to identify our learners not only as Investigator College students, but as leaders of the future.
In addition to the pride our students take in wearing our College colours, our uniform also serves a number of additional purposes, which become especially important when students are away from the College grounds on excursions, or when representing the College in other extra-curricular activities.
The expectations for the wearing of our College Uniform are outlined in our Uniform Policy.
Like our subject offerings and learning spaces, our uniforms are designed to be fit-for-purpose. Investigator College has four variations of uniform:
Our Formal Uniform, which is mandatory for all students, may consist of:
- College Blazer (Year 7 – Year 12)
- Investigator College Tie (Navy ties are worn by students in Year 3 to Year 9; Petrel Green ties are worn by students in Year to Year 12)
- Formal Shirt (may be short or long sleeved)
- Pinafore – worn by students from Prep/Reception to Year 2 (inclusive)
- Skirt – worn by students from Year 3 to Year 12
- Knitted Jumper (for warmth if needed)
- Formal Pants, Skirt (Year 7 – 12) or Skirt with Pinafore (Reception – Year 6)
- College Socks (Grey banded worn with Charcoal Grey shorts and Trousers, White banded worn with Dresses, Pinafores and Skirts)
- College Tights
- Black leather lace-up traditional style shoes
- Accessories – colour coded or purchased from the Uniform Shop (we have a great range of hair accessories)
Formal Uniforms are required to be worn on occasions where students are seen to be representing the College, both on campus and in the community.
Formal Uniforms may also be worn on every regular school day, if desired.
Our Summer Uniform provides cooler alternatives to the Formal Uniform, and may also be worn on any regular school day (excepting in cases or occasions where Formal Uniform has been requested).
Our Summer Uniform comprises:
- Investigator College Short-Sleeve Shirt
- Investigator College Dress Shorts
- Investigator College Summer Dress
- College Socks
- Plain Black, Flat-Soled Lace-Up Shoes
Our Sports Uniform typically includes:
- Investigator College Polo Shirt
- Investigator College Sports Shorts or Track Pants
- Investigator College Rugby Top
- College Sports Socks
- Appropriate Sports or Performance Shoes (relevant to activity)
Our House Colours are optional, and may only be worn on occasions wherein students are representing or competing on behalf of their College House.
Investigator College has four houses (Banksia, Blue Gum, Wattle and Waratah), each with their own distinct colour. House Polo Shirts are available from the Uniform Shop.
All Investigator College Uniforms can be purchased through our Uniform Shop, with online ordering available.
Location & Opening Hours
Our Uniform Shop is located on-campus (Room 14), and for the 2023 school year will be open on the following days/times during the regular school term:
Tuesday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 11:00am
The Investigator College Uniform is supplied by Perm-A-Pleat, with prices managed externally.
A copy of the most recent Uniform Price List is available below:
Online orders are processed immediately during the school term, while orders placed over school holiday breaks are processed once the shop re-opens in the first week of the new term.
Orders are delivered to the Uniform Shop, and customers will receive a notification when orders are ready for collection.
If you are unable to collect your order by close of business on the day it arrives, your order will be taken to Student Services, where it can be collected on days where the Uniform Shop is unattended.
Uniform Fitting Appointments are highly recommended for new students, who require a fitting for a full new uniform, or for students who may have specific needs.
Uniform fittings may be booked online using the link below.
Please ensure that you book a separate time slot for each child requiring a fitting.