Natural Immersion, Sustainability and Care for our Environment
Purchased by Investigator College, and purposefully restored and re-vegetated by our students to become a pristine parcel of native Australian bush and wetlands, our Currency Creek site houses a Sustainable Living EcoCentre, Outdoor Education facilities and Trades Skills Centre.
Echoing our College-wide commitment to sustainability, conservation and care for the environment, our Currency Creek EcoCentre provides an immersive natural environment for our students across all year levels.
From facilitating Certificate-level qualifications in Horticulture, Conservation and Ecosystem Management for our Senior Years students, to offering our Early Years learners the opportunity to gain their first experience with Environmental Science, Currency Creek is an invaluable setting for real-world teaching and learning.
Situated a short drive or bus ride from our Victor Harbor Campus, our EcoCentre is used daily, with Year 10, Year 11 and Year 12 students taking responsibility for the maintenance, monitoring and upkeep of the site, leading re-vegetation efforts through the propagation of native flora, and managing access and impact for use of the site by the broader College community.
Our impressive Currency Creek Campus and surrounding site houses:
- a Sustainable Living EcoCentre, including dedicated classrooms for Environmental Science;
- a fully-equipped Trades Skills Centre, supporting teaching and learning in our Certificate II in Horticulture and Certificate III in Conservation and Ecosystem Management programs;
- Greenhouses and Propagation Facilities;
- Outdoor Education Facilities, including overnight camping sites;
- Immersive Nature Play areas;
- Reconstructed natural habitat for the re-introduction of the near-extinct Southern Bell Frog;
- Walking tracks and a jetty extending on to the Currency Creek wetlands, allowing for access to water-based activities including kayaking, studies in Biology and Environmental Science and water quality monitoring.
Join us for a tour through our beautiful wetlands and native bushland at our Currency Creek EcoCentre!
To minimise impact, tours of our Currency Creek EcoCentre are offered a few times each year. To express your interest in attending our next tour of Currency Creek, and to receive notifications of future tour dates, please enter your details below.