I am writing this article on an absolute high! I have just returned from an impressive student-run assembly with fabulous speeches, singing, instrumental performances and camp reflections. Most importantly, the room was packed with parents and grandparents, with teachers happily arranging additional seats as more and more of you came in to be part of our community. Your involvement really warms my heart. We are working in partnership with you and when we combine, we are invincible.
Community is a key component of the independent school experience. COVID has made this really difficult since 2020 so it is wonderful to see so many of you taking the opportunity to join us at events and assemblies on campus.
If you have been unable to participate in recent events, there is still plenty of time to connect. Over the remaining two terms of 2023 our College calendar is full of assemblies, breakfasts, art shows, and special events – all of which represent exciting occasions for parents, caregivers and families to join us at Investigator College. I encourage all members of our College community to consider attending the following:
- Junior, Middle or Senior School assemblies
- SALA Schools Art Show – Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 August, PASC
- Father’s Day Breakfast – Friday 1 September
- Spring Showcase, sharing the wonderful music and art that s happening at Investigator – Friday, 8 September
- Whole College Assembly – Monday, 11 September
- Junior School Open classrooms – Wednesday, 20 September
- House singing (come along and cheer for your family’s House!) – Tuesday, 26 September
- Grandparents and Special Friends Day – Wednesday 27 September
- Year 12 Final Assembly – Thursday, 26 October
- Investigator College 21st birthday Celebration and Family Fun Day – Sunday, 29 October, Currency Creek
- Year 12 Dinner- Friday, 24 November
- Speech and Celebration Ceremony– Friday, 8 December
- Regular Parents and Friends Association Meetings, events and fun.
I encourage each of our families to keep an eye on our newsletters, Facebook page and Instagram feed for updates and other opportunities to connect. We love to see you and whole family involvement makes the Investigator experience even more special.